Our latest outputs and impact
Public Advisory Group Meetings
- In July 2023, the public advisory group contributed to the Centre’s future plans during an interactive discussion session, and provided input in relation to public facing materials which will be used to communicate our work areas. You can read the full summary meeting here.
- In November 2023, the public advisory group were given the opportunity to contribute to Health Data Research UK’s PPIE strategy consultation.
Co-developed our PPIE Strategy
- A public contributor workshop was delivered to develop the draft objectives within the strategy.
- The draft was then updated by our PPIE manager and reviewed by the PPIE group.
- Input was gathered from the Operations Team.
- Final review and input from PPIE group.
You can read out latest strategy here.
Advice and support
- Provided guidance on more than 50 CVD COVID-UK/COVID-IMPACT research projects, and counting
- Provided advice and support at BHF Data Science Centre Governance meetings
- Provided bespoke advice to ensure that PPIE is embedded in all areas of work
Co-present during BHF Data Science Centre’s monthly webinars
- Contributed to a smartphone and wearables webinar in November 2022
- Contributed to a patient voice and cardiovascular research priorities webinar in February 2023
Co-presented at the National Institute Health Research (NIHR) PPIE in Data Intense Research Webinar
Co-develop public surveys
- Contributed to the development of a public survey to gather priorities for cardiovascular research
- Contributed to the development of a public survey to help us understand what data members of the public would be willing to share through a smartphone and/or wearable
Contributes to our CVD-COVID-UK/COVID-IMPACT work
- Advised and contributed to various projects to ensure PPIE is integral to the CVD-COVID-UK/COVID-IMPACT work
- Contributed to the development of a ‘ways of working’ document to help guide researchers ensuring they consider PPIE.
Contributes to the development of communications
- A public contributor wrote an opinion piece ‘I want to have an open and honest conversation about the strengths and limitations about data, and you can too.’ Read more here.
- Contributed to an opinion piece in the British Medical Council Journal
- Public contributors provided input and attended a user experience workshop during the launch of our brand new website in 2023.
- Attended a workshop to develop new names for our areas of work, helping us ensure these names are understandable for the public.
- Contributed and developed a public facing jargon buster.